7th Moon

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Final Fantasy VII, Waking Dream and other random updates

I don't have much new to say about Waking Dream, except that I realized I had added two lesbians and two, possibly four bisexual characters. I won't spoil who's who, you have to read the book to figure it out. If I had to say why I'm so fluid with the sexuality of my characters, it's because I was inspired by works like City of Bones and the works of Amanda Hocking. Those authors didn't seem to care about unusual or unexpected sexualities throwing off the reader, the idea was to simply create a world where such things were no more out of place than the supernatural. I feel ignoring the possibilities and restricting everyone to the heteronormative hinders the story, so after reading how loose other authors can be, I let everything flow naturally. I just don't feel the need to hold back, these characters live in something like the real world and this is what the real world is.



In other news, this new trailer was released for the Final Fantasy VII remake. It looks like they've updated the fighting system to something like Kingdom Hearts; there will still be a menu, but we'll be controlling Cloud in real time on the main field and fight enemies without cutting to a specific battle scene. So far it only shows Cloud solo, so I'd like to see what happens when you have a multi-character party, but so far this looks interesting. Just wanted to add an extra challenge, because I saw this on a website, let's go with what I call the Story Challenge: nobody can equip any materia that they don't start with except Aerith and Yuffie; and Cloud and Barret can never upgrade their weapons, and Red XIII has to keep the Seraph Comb, so don't even bother with other weapons for those guys, don't buy 'em and just go ahead and toss 'em out if you get them for free. You might wan to stock up on potions and see how this works out, I know I'm trying it, I suspect it may be that this game might possibly be more conducive to this than the original...or maybe it will make it even more challenging, we'll find out soon!

So what else is new? Well, I finally beat the Sneak attack as Ginyu mission in DBXenoverse, so I may be able to update my review of that game. I faced Mira for the first time, so this will be a challenge, but at least I don't have to fight as Ginyu anymore. And just when I finally spring for a frog in Crossy Road, two days later, I get a free frog. why frogs? Frogger of course! Yeah well, that's all I got this week, stay gold until the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment