7th Moon

Saturday, March 17, 2018

7th Moon dream cast

It's been a while since I actually used this to talk about my original project, 7th Moon, which, by the way, you can get in various formats from the links on the side so please buy the book, play the game and/or get involved with any social media you aren't already a part of. So, this week I'm going to say what I would like to have happen to make 7th Moon for real and fit my vision. To be clear, some of this may be somewhat unrealistic and above what I should expect, but I beg you suspend disbelief and just think how awesome it would be if we stopped thinking of impossible and this just happened.

First of all, I want it on Toonami and have it animated by one of their Japanese partners, either Studio 4C who made the ThunderCats reboot, or Production IG who made IGPX. These studios are obvious choices because they have a history with the network and that means it wouldn't be unprecedented, but after viewing their work, I honestly believe they can make it look the way I want. Also, knowing that Square Enix was involved in Ful Metal Alchemist, I'd like for them to be involved in producing 7th Moon so that the series can be attached to the company that makes Final Fantasy and I can use that to my advantage with game production, including possibly being promoted with Hidariude, Keisei and Seichei being put into Dissidia and/or Brave Exvius.

Now that I've established the look, I need to go over the voices. I would love for either Funimation or Viz Media to be able to handle the voice work, alhough I'm not sure if either is willing to work on an American production as it may be out of their wheelhouse. I want Funimation just for the name and connection to Dragon Ball and my tremendous respect for their stable of actors. But Viz Media, while it may not have quite the prestige, still has the ability and moreimportantly, if we partner I can work with them on Naruto:Duel of the Caged Birds, my concept for a Naruto live action adaptation revolving around a shot for shot remake of the fight between Neji and Naruto during the chunin exam, which I found to be one of the most moving pieces of anime I have ever seen.

Okay, now the moment we've all been waiting for, who will be voicing the characters:

Hidariude/Seichei/Ryu - I have always wanted my main character to be Steven Jay Blum, the man in anime voice acting, TOM from Toonami, and since Seichie is his doppeganger and he isa clone of Ryu, they should all go to the same actor. But since I started getting to know the voice acting industry better, I am getting ambitious enough that I think I should play Hidariude myself. To be clear, I do not think I am better than Steven Jay Blum, but this is my project and if I only ever get to do one professional acting job, it should be this one, because if I cant have the confidence to cas myself, how can I expect anyone else to believe in me either. Having said that, if Blum is still willing to do Ryu and Seichei, the roles are his.

Kichiku - Chris Sabat is the number one choice, if he is not available, then Patrick Seitz, the only voice actor I imagine can get the same power in his voice to dare take that place.

Keisei/Baz - Monica Rial and Brynn April. I don't know which would do which, but if I could get both of them to agree to work on this project, they each get one, and I don't know how we would decide it, but ladies, when the day comes, I will use all my power as a producer to make sure you both have a part.

Douji - Colleen Clinkenbeard who proved herself as Gohan and has a legacy as strong as anyone else on this list, I need her in this.

Suki Zokushou - Mary Elizabeth MacGlynn, because I wrote this character with her in mind, inspired by Major Motoko Kusanagi, it would take one bad ass actress to fill this role and she is the only one that fits the bill. Good luck to everyone else if she is not available.

Sora Ijirimawasu - Todd Haberkorn or Sonny Strait, but only if Sonny goes into his Krillin/Usopp range, and Todd has to go into the range he used for his character in Summer Wars. Basically I need a nerd with just enough confidence to sell it.

Han Toromi - Crispin Freeman, who's smooth tones fits for the most part, but he proved he can handle the full range of the role later on with his performance as Alucard in Hellsing. Basically, when we get too that part of the series, I'll just go Hellsing on him and say "Alucard I release your limits, seek and destroy, you have your marching orders, seek and destroy!"

Aka - Vic Mignogna is my first choice, Ian Sinclair is probably my next choice if Vic isn't available.

Hime - Tia Ballard, because I've met her and it's sort of a Maron, daughter of Krillin sort of role.

As for the other characters, they are all one shots so they won't really matter so much, but anyone I mentioned who doesn't get the main role is at the top of the list for an NWE big bad.

So that is the dream, all there is now is to get one person in the right postion to greenlight it and help me pull it together...

No comments:

Post a Comment