7th Moon

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Camp NaNoWriMo conclusion and Rocky Horor Picture Show Hoopla

Firt off, I'll just get this out of the way, I failed Camp NaNoWriMo, I only got about 15,000 out of 50,000 words written. I suck. However, I will not give up on 7th Moon Mecha, I will just conced this will take a while. It took six months for me to write the last draft, and ten years to get that far through three drafts, so yeah, this one will take some time, but I will write it. And no, not a lot of progress on what I last said, I'll update you when I get to the next arc, whenever that is.

Among my many distractions, last night I went to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show the right way, with a group that presents the movie with audience participation, going by the name Hoopla. For those of you do not know, the Rocky Horror picture show is arguably the best worst movie ever made. It is bad actually, horribly bad, even the fans agree it falls apart halfway through, but somehow it becomes the most amazing experience when you go to a theater and watch it with a dozen fans so dedicated that they perform the movie along with the film and heckle the screen and set up jokes with the actors giving punchlines owing to extremely awkward timing in the original filming and a little audience participation as well. Of course it's a sing along, but there is so much more, including strangers taking off their clothes, $2 prop bags that you don't understand until the vets get involved, and silly string at uncomfortable times. The only preparation I can give you is that if they ask you if you want them to take your virginity the easy way or the hard way, only take the easy way if you actually want to disrobe in front of strangers, and know that Brad is an Asshole and Janet is a Slut, and you must point that out every time their names are said. Aside from that, well, there is no preparation, the plot, the gags, none of it makes any sense, but it is tons of fun, so if you're in Western New York, look up Hoopla for their next show, otherwise look up your local troupe for when they will put on the wierdest viewing party you will ever see.

No comments:

Post a Comment