7th Moon

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Twitch and Dragon Quest Builders

Tonight is when I plan to premiere my new Twitch series on Dragon Quest Builders. For those who are not aware, Dragon Quest Builders is kind of a ripoff of Minecraft only with special story based on the alternate ending to the original Dragon Quest. In that game, the Kingdom of Alefgard was tormented by the Dragon Lord, quite possibly the least imaginitive villain in JRPG history, but then again, we are talking about the original JRPG that set the template for all that followed, so originality is negligible. There were five major towns in the kingdom, and in Builders, those towns were destroyed when the descendant of Erdrick/Leto failed to fulfill the prophecy of stopping Dragon Lord. Now, the legendary builder has come to fulfill the back-up prophecy by rebuilding.  Where I last left off in the story, Galen II(my descendant of Galen, the builder of Galenholm) has rebuilt Cantlin and Rimuldar and has begun work on Kol, a town known for hot springs, proximity to the desert, and being near to where a dragon once held the princess as well as where the fiary flute had been hidden. The flute was needed for the Golem of Cantlin which has aleady been dispatched in this story so I don't know if that will be relevant, but the rest is being referenced as I rebuild the town. I acually kind of forgot what's going on at this point, but I'm trying to help a band of desert refugees rebuild Kol including their hot springs and save their leader who has been captured and taken to the south where I believe I will have to fight another dragon.

I started playing last year and managed to get just over halfway through the storyline before various factors halted my gameplay. Now I intend to finish the game on Twitch. My take to make things interesting is to demonstrate my voice acting skills by reading the dialogue that unfortunately does not come with voice overs, so I hope that will be entertaining, and between those scenes I will explain the significance of various references and generally give commentary on whatever crazy stuff happens, and yes this game has some crazy weird content, after all, this is the series that gave us slimes and puff-puff. I am planning to start this at 9 PM EST and do it the same time every week leading up to Toonami at 10:30. Tonight I may start late and later his month on 8/18 it will end early when Toonami moves up to 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment