7th Moon

Saturday, September 24, 2016

7th Moon RPG update #1

I know I said I'd take break while working on the game but I needed a break from working on the game and felt like sharing, As it turns out making the elements was easy enough, but figuring out how the events actually work is harder. The maps were easy enough, I've got Japan as the overworld, and a really good version of the Shrine of the Golden Dragon, which is one of the pictures I'll show later. There's a dungeon generator that helped me deal with some more difficut areas I wasn't sure I was going to be able to map out. The characters were the easiest of all, I knew what they needed to be and put it together. Right now there are six playable characters, they can all equip armor, but Kichiku and Douji can't use weapons and only Hidariude can use accesories while only Keisei can use head gear. Hidarude and Keisei's extra equipment adjust their stats appropriately enough for character development, but because of Kichiku and Douji's equipment restrictions, their base stats are adjusted to increase at a faster rate. The characters are pretty balanced I think, it's just a matter of balancing the game around them for a good experience. Right now the trick is figuring out how to put in the story which is proving dfficult because a good wad occurs in just one place and the system is set up to add events by location, which means I need to figure out how to place a series of about five different scenes all in one location with a system that will only let me show one scene. I'm sure I'll figure this one out, there has to be a way to make this work. Until then here's some preview scenes.




No comments:

Post a Comment