7th Moon

Saturday, September 17, 2016

RPG Maker

After the convention last week I went to Steam to get Undrtale and found RPG Maker MV on sale and downloaded that to make 7th Moon into an RPG. This has proved so addictive I may have to suspend the blog for time until I'm done with it. In fact, I'm writing this on my family's computer while I wait for my laptop with the software to update, otherwise I may not be taking the time for this at all.

Some may think RPG Maker is too primitive to create a decent game, but that's what makes it fun to me. I love old school RPGs and the graphics were a part of it. The graphics may have been the worst of their time, but I feel it forced them to make up for it with mechanics and story. I feel so strongly I actually hated FF7 when it first came out just because of the polygon graphics, I felt like they sold out. Indeed, many fans notice quality has been shaky with the series ever since, and I believe it's because graphics got better and more effort when to making it look good than play good.I have since forgiven Square Enix and embraced FF7, but I still love old school RPGs and their super deformed midget sprites, and making mine for my main characters with the character generator in RPG Maker and knowing what they will look like when I'm done.

Okay I'm afraid that's all I have time or patience for, hopefully next time I will be presenting you with 7th Moon the RPG!

No comments:

Post a Comment