7th Moon

Sunday, April 1, 2018

7th Moon is going to be on Toonami!

My post is kind of late this week, but for good reason, I finally got in touch with Jason DeMarco at Adult Swim and he gave me the green light, 7th Moon is coming to Toonami on Adult Swim. It will probably take a full year for production to be complete on this project, so it won't premiere until the next anniversary of Toonami, but it should be worth the wait. So far all we have is an animation studio and two voice actors, including myself and Steven Jay Blum. I have a rough draft of a promo, and DeMarco wants to keep it under wraps until we have at least six episodes to air, but I'm going for it anyway.


The idea is that we are going to adapt the first six chapters of the novel into a six episode run that will air from midnight to 3AM one night as a special feature and if it is received well, we make the remaining twelve chapters into a twelve episode run to air over a twelve week period as soon as there is room in the schedule.

Because of the existing relationship between Toonami and Production I.G. that is the studio that will be taking care of this. Since they are busy with FLCL, 7th Moon will wait until after that is wrapped. This is all very exciting but sadly, at this point, I do not have much else to report. My hope is that we get some other voice actors from Toonami, hopefully Funimation or Viz to do the English side. Did I mention there will also be a Japanese simulcast on Tokyo One? Both versions will be on the DVD and BluRay after the premiere as well as streaming on CrunchyRoll.

Also, we will be revamping the RPG I have in beta on Steam, new graphics for the monsters, new code to make certain commands work better, and some general cleaning up of the glitches I missed in alpha testing. When it's all done it will be on AdultSwim Games to promote the show. 

Oh yes, today is the best day of the year, check your calendar and mark it as the day you heard this news.

No comments:

Post a Comment