7th Moon

Friday, July 15, 2016

Pokemon Go and Tracfone

So you were probably expecting an update for Dragon Hand...yeah, right, like that was happening this week or that you'd care if it was. No,this was the week of Pokemon Go, and sadly, my story of distraction form my true goal of writing is not even of Pokemon hunting itself, but of getting a phone that actually worked for this app.

You see, I have Tracfone. It all started one Christmas when I opened a gift and found a cell phone I was sure I'd never use, and except for emergencies, I didn't use it for years. I have upgraded it a few times, but I realy never felt the need to use a real phone until now. Yes, Pokemon Go is the app that encouraged me to get a real smartphone. For those of you who don't know, Tracfone is a pay as you go cell phone, better known as a burner phone. It is shit. They produce cell phones that are one generation behind the networks and even when they have apps, they are cheap knockoffs of real apps. I swear I had Pizza Ninja instead of Fruit Ninja, same mechanics only you chop pizza ingredients instead of fruit, and it's slowerso it's easier. Like I said it's crap, and it doesn't run Pokemon Go. In about a year it might have Digimon. But at one point I worked for Verizon and saw what contracts look like and I sure as hell wasn't getting in on that. The one upside is that they have a bring your own plan now so that you can make any phone a Tracfone so you can get a phone that actually gets real apps and does shit. The downside of this is that to make this happen you need to buy a special sim card. Well, here's how it went down for me:

I first bought a new Tracfone believing it might work, it did not. I went to Best Buy to get a new phone (Motorola) but I was in a bind because I had already switched the number to the new Tracfone and was unable to switch it back, which meant I had three phones and needed to switch the number to the newest before I could get rid of the one I didn't want. The Best Buy I went to told me that they while they had the phone I needed, they did not have the sim card I needed, I would have to go to another Best Buy. I went there and they said it would take time to switch my number so I was stuck waiting until that could happen. Well, there was some miscommunication and the person who ended up helping me screwed up the transfer and my new phone didn't work and I temporarily lost my number. This means I had to go back and try again, and it took an hour and a half for the lost number to be restored. So, after four days, I finally got a phone that works.

I am Hidariude on Pokemon Go, my starter was a Squirtle. It was worth the trouble, but should anythign go wrong with this phone, God forbid, I am going to break down and get a contract because Tracfone SUCKS! The sim card kit is bull shit to get more money from people who don't buy their shit phones from this shit company. If anyone form Tracfone is reading this, don't take it out on me, fix your shitty company and take responsibility for your crap system.

Now, back to writing and Pokemon hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment